While the CLX 32 rim is the lightest and most aero in its category, there's much more to it than that. It’s a durable, 2Bliss Ready, and wide-profiled carbon rim that’s ready to take on any adventure. Because of this, we developed the CLX 32 650b Disc wheelset. We wanted to create a lightweight wheel that works well with plus-sized tires—one that could also be used on anything from tarmac to gravel. And yes, while many opt to use mountain bike wheels for this application, there are various advantages to choosing the CLX 32 650b Disc.
First off, while most mountain wheels have hubs that are convertible to various axle standards, not many are convertible to the 12mm road thru-axle standard. Secondly, mountain wheels often come with either a SRAM XD driver, a Shimano 11-speed mountain, or 10-speed road freehub, making them incompatible with contemporary 11-speed road cassettes. And lastly, most mountain wheels use standard six-bolt disc brake hubs, rather than the Center Lock hubs found on most road applications.
With a 21mm internal width, however, the CLX 32 650b Disc features an inner width that’s consistent with many XC-oriented mountain bike wheels, so it pairs well with 650+ road and gravel tires. And with the 42-47mm tires associated with 650+, the tire and rim interaction is equally as important as the tire itself—too narrow of a rim and you’re left with an overly-rounded profile; too wide and the tread is too squared off. In either situation, you're going to get poor handling characteristics.
Each CLX 32 650b Disc set also uses the legendary CeramicSpeed bearings and comes with our padded wheelbag, quick-release, tubeless plugs, and tubeless valves.
- Rim Type: Carbon clincher, 2Bliss-Ready
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Braking Surface: Disc brake only
- Rim Depth: 32mm
- Rim Width: 20.7mm internal
- Spoke Pattern: One-cross/Two-cross (2:1)
- Spoke Count: 24
- Spoke Type: DT Swiss Aerocomp (L)/Aerolite (R) T-head
- Nipple Type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal
- Rear Hub: Roval AFD2, Centerlock, CeramicSpeed bearings, DT Swiss 240 internals, 11-speed, quick-release or 142x12mm thru-axle end cap
- Assembly Method: Hand-built
- Extras: Roval padded wheelbag, Roval steel quick-release, Roval tubeless plugs and tubeless valve,142x12mm thru-axle & quick-release end caps
- Wheelset weight: 1290g
|Rim Width||20.7mm internal|
|Hub(s)||Rear: Roval AFD2, Centerlock, CeramicSpeed bearings, DT Swiss 240 internals, 11-speed, quick-release or 142x12mm thru-axle end cap|
|Spokes (Front/Rear)||DT Swiss Aerocomp (L)/Aerolite (R) T-head|
|Nipples||DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal|
|Weight (Front/Rear)||1290 grams|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Option||Barcode||Manufacturer's Part Number||Vendor Number|
|Satin Carbon/Gloss Black / 650B||888818281374||30017-8100||SBC-30017-8100|