We only want to give the best to our loved ones, and why won’t we? When that special someone has brought a ton of joy in your lives, they deserve nothing short of the best to show them how precious they are.
Riding your first bike is perhaps one of your best memories from your childhood. It’s a milestone in your life, and what better way to share memories with your kids than buying them their very own bike?
We know how special your children are for you, so we have compiled a hand-picked list of all the best bikes for 4-year-olds.
Keeping in mind various specifications and quality, the list that we have curated will help you pick the best for your little one.
Say goodbye to any confusion you may have about what brand to choose. We have taken care of you that way. So, let’s begin!
13 Best Bikes for 4-Year-Olds
1. Yvolution Y Velo Senior Balance Bike
The first on our list is this amazing balance bike perfect for 3-5-year-old kids. This is an incredible way to teach your children and help develop their motor skills and coordination.
This balance bike is the perfect way for your child to gain some strength and develop self-esteem and confidence.
The best thing about this bike is that both the seat and the handlebar are adjustable. Children, at this age, can have a spurt of growth any second, so it is a great fit because you can adjust the bike according to your growing child.
This bike has wide pedals of 12 inches that help your kid with balance.
Children are simple. Their wants are too. They have favorite colors, and this bike comes in all different ranges of them so that you can get your kid excited about learning how to ride! You can choose your bike in a blue, rose, or ruby color, to jazz things up.
- It is a balance bike for kids aged 3-5 and is made specifically to be ridden on roads.
- The suspension of the bike is placed at the front and easy to operate.
- It doesn’t have a training wheel or pedals so that it can prepare your child for peddling in the future while using no training wheels.
- The wheels don’t get punctured as they are made of rubber and are safe and durable.
2. JOYSTAR Angel Girls Bike
For a beautiful princess, the ride should be worthy of them. This special bike by Joystar is worth it for sure! It is the best bike for your 4-year-old child, and it comes in different sizes to accommodate your kid.
So you have the flexibility to choose accordingly. The stem and the seat are adjustable to your child’s needs. It is perfect for children of 33-41 inches in height.
It is a very safe bike for your toddlers as it has coaster brakes that can give a sturdy stop anytime it’s operated.
It gives you full control over the bike, enabling you to protect yourself. A chainguard is attached to the bike that provides further protection.
This bike has training wheels that help your kids to learn how to ride and balance their bikes with ease. So these wheels will keep the bike on point until your little one learns to ride on their own.
- The bike is made of a Hi-Ten steel frame and has a fork that helps to navigate bumps on the way.
- The tires are made of rubber that provides good grip and control even during unfavorable weather conditions.
- The bike has a unique single-speed drivetrain and has a smaller grip design to make the ride more comfortable.
- It comes with stickers and a basket that can be attached to the bike, however, your toddler’s imagination sees fit.
3. Schwinn Koen & Elm Toddler and Kids Bike
This Schwinn, Koen and Elm bike might be the premium option you’ve been looking around for. With a 4.5 star review and an Amazon choice for being a bestseller, this bike is worth the hype.
Its wheels come in different sizes, starting from 12-inches to 20-inch ones. It also has a detachable training wheel that helps your toddler learn bike riding skills.
It comes in three colors, namely, pink, purple, and teal, so that both your child and you will have a fun time choosing your favorite colors together. It has a rigid suspension and is made specifically for roads.
The bike comes with additional components that include a basket, chain-guard, saddle handle, and training wheels.
The bike is made specifically keeping in mind the anthropometry of a child, which enables them to ride as smoothly and comfortably as possible. It is a smart bike that makes sure that the paddles can be operated swiftly without much wobble.
- The bike supports children between 3-4 years old with a height range between 36-40 inches.
- It has a light frame that’s suitable for kids and has a crankset with pedals that are placed more forward for a great gearing advantage.
- The bike has a coaster brake at the rear and has a caliper brake at the front, allowing an easier transition while keeping your kid safe.
- It is designed with Q-factor technology, keeping in mind a child’s position. It also has a narrow pedal, which goes well with the child’s height. Thus, it can be easily operated.
4. Segway Ninebot Kids Bike
This is the fourth on our list of best bikes for your 4-year-olds, and do trust us when we say that this surely takes the cake.
With 14-inch wheels, this bike makes riding easier for your little ones with little to no bumps that would’ve otherwise made them uncomfortable and antsy. It also comes with training wheels to assist your kid in learning to balance while riding.
The bike has a dual suspension type so that your kid can ride comfortably. It is portable and has a lighter frame making it easy to maneuver and handle. It is made with an aluminum frame for extra durability.
The bike comes with several key components, including a nut cover to save your kid from accidents, a stem cap, kickstand, and pedals.
- The front of the bike has a V-type brake, while the rear of the bike has a coaster brake.
- The tires are made of CST for the extra safety of your kid. It is also a sustainable option. It has a shock absorption feature that enables a smoother ride on uneven roads.
- The bike’s frame is made of an aluminum alloy that is aerospace-grade, making the bike lighter and portable in nature.
- The saddle can be adjusted according to the height and comfort of your child. Additionally, the bike is covered with silicone.
5. RoyalBaby Freestyle Kids Bike
We were literally saving the best one on the list for the last to end it on an excitable note. This Amazon no.1 bestseller surely deserves the title with its fabulous qualities. It comes in an incredible range of colors, including white, blue, green, fuchsia, orange, pink, and red.
It also has different wheel sizes available, ranging from 12 inches to 20 inches. It is the perfect choice for 4-year-olds since it is a freestyle bike with BMS.
It comes unassembled, and you have to put it together with the help of the tools they provide. It also comes with a water bottle and bells as an added bonus. Oh, and the best part is that the bike is designed in adherence to standards.
- The bike has an ergonomic design that lends a helping hand to your child’s motor development.
- The bike is durable and is made with high-quality materials, as approved by the CPSC, EN14765 standards.
- The seat has a quick-release component and is adjustable.
- The sealed bearing BB parts make sure that your bike needs minimum maintenance and faces minimum resistance on the road.
Choosing the right bike for your child can be tough, especially if you don’t know where to start. You need to check multiple things before going ahead and buying a bike for your little one.
Certain factors play a crucial role in determining what kind of bikes would be the most suitable for your kid. These factors will help you choose only the best product. Here, we are providing you with a buyer’s guide to keep in mind a few things before you go bike shopping.
Age Of Your Kid
You have to very carefully look for bikes that are only suitable for your child’s age group. This is because there are certain things that go into the design of a bike.
If you go look for an age-specific bike, you will end up with the perfect fit and a bike that’s made by keeping in mind the body structure of your kids’ specific age group.
If you get a smaller bike or a larger one, your kid will not be able to perform properly, leading to posture issues. So, select a bike very carefully.
Height of Your Child
Your child’s height also plays a major role in the selection of the bikes. The bikes for kids are made specifically for certain heights since not all children develop with the same spurt.
A kid of the same age may have a different body type and height than your child. So looking at the age is not enough. You also have to look for the height details so that you can get the best fit. The wheel size also depends on this aspect.
Type Of Bike
There are several types of bikes available on the market, depending upon how you choose to use them. For a beginner, it is best to go for bikes designed to be ridden on roads. If your child is an expert and you want to take them on mountainous terrains, you can choose a mountain bike or BMX for better suspension that is required for such activities.
Now, this obviously goes without saying that children are prone to danger. It is essential to look at a bike’s safety features before any purchase.
You have to look for the types of brakes enclosed in the bike and whether proper protection is available in the product or not. After all, you can never be too careful when your child is involved.
The Bottom Line
The market is flooded with bikes, so never think that you have to settle for anything less. Do your due diligence or just refer to our list above to get your child the premium experience of having the best memory ever.
This can be a great bonding experience for a parent and their child, so you better choose a product that is worth being in that moment with you both. Hopefully, the list of bikes and the buyer’s guide that we have provided come in handy while selecting!
What is the right bike size for a child?
The right size of bike and wheel will depend on the age and height of your child. So make sure you have the correct measurements and take the decision accordingly.
How long will a child be able to ride the same bike?
This will actually depend on the growth of your child rather than the bike itself because it is more likely that your child will outgrow the bike before the bike starts having problems. Typically it can take one to two or even three years. So, get a bike that is durable and has adjustable height settings.
Which brakes are better for children?
The best brakes for children would be placed in a way that they can be operated by the feet or hands. Hand breaks are easier for children to operate, especially if they are beginners.
This is because, in hand brakes, the brakes are situated in both the handles, and children can intuitively use them with ease. You can then slowly make the transition to leg brakes. This will help them in their motor skills development.
Just to expend your choice we’ve created one more list below:
- Best Gift for 2-4 Years Girls - JOYSTAR Vintage Girl's bike with 12-inch wheels is designed for toddler 2-4 years old or 33 - 41 inches tall. This...
- Sturdy Design - Durable Hi-Ten steel frame and fork provide awesome impact resistance when riding over rocky and bumpy terrain, easily surivive the...
- Safe for Young Riders - Coaster brake is easy to provide phenomenal stopping power when needed, so they can stay in full control, a great option for...
- Your Children Will Love It - Singlespeed drivetrain and soft leather grips keep it easy for her to learn and feel comfortable behind the wheel. The...
- Service & Warranty - With JOYSTAR's durable steel frame and puncture-proof tires, you don't have to worry about damage or maintenance. The toddler...
- Kids bike with 12-inch wheels fits riders ages 2 - 4 years old or 28 - 38 inches tall. Great for neighborhood rides on the sidewalk with your child's...
- Designed with younger riders in mind, this bike includes a rear coaster brake (reverse pedals to stop).
- Tool-free adjustable seat post provides easy height adjustments on the go.
- Removable training wheels add stability while your child learns to ride.
- This kids bike with 12-inch wheels comes ready to be assembled and includes authentic PAW Patrol graphics and handlebar plate.
- 1. Amazing Design and Color! JOYSTAR Little Daisy Princess Girls bike with Bright colors, stylish and charming. DIY decals, beautiful basket and doll...
- 2. Safer Riding! The Front hand caliper Brake plus rear coaster/foot brake offer ample stopping power with more safety, wide 2.125" pneumatic tires...
- 3. Easier to Ride! Your little ones will enjoy a smoother ride with JOYSTAR bottom bracket gearing, Brake lever allows little riders brake...
- 4. Easy Assembly! 85% of the bike is assembled. The front tire, the seat and training wheels need to be installed. Assembly tools and an easy to...
- 5. More Size Options! 12 inch bike is suitable for 2-4 years old (33-41 inch) girls; 14 inch bike is suitable for 3-5 years old (35 - 47 inch) girls;...
- 【DESIGNED FOR CHILDREN】- Short-reach brake levers, lower stand-over height, protective stem pad and removable training wheels make it fun and safe...
- 【SAFE & DURABLE】-Coaster brake makes it easy to learn.Enclosed chain guard prevents your little one touching the chain.Durable hi-ten steel...
- 【LOVELY COMPONMENT】 - Soft handlebar grips, reflectors and a bell are included. The extremely cute wicker basket to let the kids pack stuffed...
- 【EASY TO INSTALL】- The children bike is 85 % assembled and comes with the basic assembly tools,only a few pars need to be added to the bike,will...
- 【PLEASE CHECK THE SIZE】- The 12'' bike is designed for children 1 - 4 years old or 32-38 inches tall, The 14'' bike is designed for children 3 - 5...
- Size: 12 inch bikes are designed to fit children between ages 3 and 5 years with a maximum weight of 60 pounds
- Style: Bright blue frame with red fenders and handlebar grips; awesome Marvel Spider-Man graphics on the frame, chainguard, and handlebar; 3D web...
- Built to Last: Strong steel frame provides stability; seat height is easily adjustable without tools; removable training wheels included
- Protected: Covered by Huffy’s limited lifetime frame warranty (see product manual for details)
- Easy Assembly: This stylish Minnie Mouse 12” girls bike fits children ages 3 to 5 with a height of 37-42 inches; Quick Connect technology makes it...
- Style: Features a bright gloss white frame complemented by black 12” rims; Minnie Mouse graphics decorate the frame and fully enclosed chainguard;...
- Convenience: Minnie’s bow decorates the handlebars and doubles as a basket; your child can bring toys and snacks along as they ride down the...
- Brakes: This Disney bike has a coaster brake and front & rear caliper brakes; having both options helps your child get used to hand brakes on a...
- Protection: Enjoy a limited lifetime warranty on the durable steel frame; kickstand not included with the bicycle
- 🏆 SPORTY DESIGN. RoyalBaby Freestyle kid's bike was designed by inspiration from the BMX spirit, It's all about fun, creativity, freedom, and...
- 🏆 SPECIFICALLY FOR KIDS. Each bike equipped with RoyalBaby patent sealed bearing for smooth pedaling. Training wheels come with 12/14/16 inch...
- 🏆 SAFETY. Shortest travel distance grips provides extra braking efficiency, sturdy steel frame and 2.4" wide cylinder tires will accompany every...
- 🏆 EASY ASSEMBLY. The bike comes 95% pre-assembled, with an elaborated instruction manual and all tools needed in the box. It is easy enough to put...
- 🏆 ALWAYS RELIABLE. RoyalBaby bike complies with the CPSC standards, and is trusted by millions of families in more than 80 countries globally....
- 【STURDY FRAME】：The bike is made from premium high-carbon steel. Sturdy, solid and safe.Anti-slip wear-resistant tires, kids can ride in all...
- 【SUITABLE KIDS】：This 12 inch bike suitable for 2-4 Years (31-43 inch) children; 14 inch bike suitable for 3-5 Years( 35-47 inch) children; 16...
- 【FULL CHAIN GUARD & FENDER】： Full-chain cover to protect children's feet from getting hurt and keep the chain clean. Stickers on the guard, more...
- 【BRAKE SYSTEM】：One hand brake and one foot brake to helps children to stop quicker and prevent some risks to ensure a safe riding.
- 【NOTES】：The bike will be shipped from CA,GA. Generally, it will take 7-14 weekdays to arrive. The bike comes with 95% assembled,you need to...
- Custom Hot Wheels graphics
- Turbo rev' grip with sounds and lights
- Steel BMX frame with deluxe paint finish
- Hot Wheels saddle
- Custom Racing Shield
- NO-PEDAL BALANCE TRAINER: Viribus's 14'' pedal-free balance bike allows kids aged 3 to 7 to easily improve their balance and coordination, preparing...
- LIGHTWEIGHT DURABILITY: This training bike for young kids is made of high carbon steel for superior strength but weighs only 10 pounds for easy...
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE: This balance bicycle will grow alongside your child, with the comfortable cushioned seat adjustable between 15.3 and 17.7 inches high...
- HELPFUL ADD-ONS: The lovely rattan basket is ready to hold your little one's favorite stuffed animals, toys, and snacks while adventuring outside,...
- GUARANTEED SATISFACTION: Order this balance trainer bike with your peace of mind assured thanks to its 1 year warranty and Viribus's usual friendly...