Are you looking for the best women’s mountain bikes under $500?
If you want to get started with mountain biking but aren’t fully committed to it yet, getting a cheaper bike is an intelligent investment to your fitness.
After all, a lot of people spend $500 on gym memberships they never avail!
With a mountain bike, you don’t have to worry about the expiry date and it’s an asset you can use whenever you’d like.
In this blog post, we will go over the top ten picks and help you figure out the best one for yourself.
Best Women’s Mountain Bike Under $500
There are a lot of myths about mountain bikes out there.
One such misconception is that mountain bikes are quite expensive. But it is not entirely true as numerous great brands in the market offer such bikes at reasonable prices!
Finding a decent mountain bike is a very confusing task.
There are hundreds of great choices available to us. Usually, mountain bikes are costly, ranging from $1000 to $5000 on the market.
But, that kind of investment just doesn’t make sense if you’re just starting out.
In this section of the blog post, we’ll help you figure out the best mountain bike under $500 for yourself.
Let’s Take a look at the list.
1. 820 Women’s Bike by Trek
The 820 Women’s is a fantastic mountain bike that can help you try your hand out in the world of biking. It is one of the most affordable hybrid bikes of this list.
If you are new to mountain biking and want a bike that you can ride wherever you want, this is the best available option. Probably, it is the perfect bike to ride on trails, rough pavements, and gravel.
Steel Step-through Frame
The bike is equipped with a steel step-through style frame, which can last for a long time. Its semi-slick tires allow smooth movement on difficult terrains.
With the help of rack, fender, and kickstand mounts, you can easily carry your accessories.
The shock-absorbing suspension fork on the front wheel ensures a smooth ride over bumpy, challenging terrain.
To deliver a fun and enjoyable ride, this bike features a Women-Specific Design to ensure excellent control, power, and stability.
- Weight – 15.15 kg / 33.39 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit – 300 pounds(including rider and cargo)
- Brakes – Tektro alloy linear pull
- Size – Extra small, medium, and large
2. Scott Contessa Active 50 Mint Bike
The Scott Contessa Active 50 Mint Bike is another great mountain bike that is available for under just 500. However, it is slightly costlier than the other mentioned alternatives.
Durable Alloy Frame
The bike comes up with a super durable alloy frame. Unlike some other substitutes, this mountain bike is very lightweight, thanks to its compact frame. Its Suntour 100mm travel fork readily absorbs bumps and dips, which is why it’s an excellent choice for challenging terrain.
As the bike is made up of high-quality materials, you need not worry about its durability. Besides, it is designed beautifully, giving it a stylish and appealing look.
Another great thing about the bike is that it contains Shimano two-way release shifters. With the help of these shifters, you can quickly shift gears according to the terrain.
The bike features a 100mm suspension fork that helps smooth the roughest of terrains. The ride will be comfortable for your palm, back, neck, and wrists.
- Weight – 32.63 pounds
- Brakes – Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
- Fork – Suntour XCE28 100mm travel
- Frame – Aspect 700/900 alloy frame
3. Co-op Cycles DRT 1.1 Bike
Our next pick for the top 10 best women’s mountain bikes under 500 is Co-op Cycles DRT 1.1 Bike. It is an outstanding mountain bike for amateur riders to enter into the world of off-road adventures.
Shimano Tourney Derailleur
The amazing bike has a Shimano Tourney rear derailleur, which is quite effective in changing gears smoothly and more accurately. Despite the weather conditions, its hydraulic disc brakes promote precise stopping on or off-road.
The typical trail styled mountain bike has a frame built with some good quality aluminum, which is why it is so durable and long-lasting. Also, the bike is available in various sizes which can be selected based on your height or weight.
Shimano 3×7 Drivetrain
Additionally, the unisex bike contains a Shimano 3×7 drivetrain, which gives you a wide range of gears for power climbing and descending. So, if you want to ride through high steep mountains, you should pick this up.
- Bike Frame Material – Aluminum
- Wheel Size – 27.5 inches
- Fork Travel – 100 millimeters
- Number of Gears – 21 gear(s)
- Weight – 31 pounds
- Weight limit – 300 pounds
4. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike
If you are into riding mountain bikes for a decent time, you must have heard about Diamondback, a leading manufacturer of mountain bikes. Manufactured by them, Overdrive is just an excellent way to enjoy the mountain riding experience.
Mechanical Disc Brakes
The bike manufacturers provide you with Tektro Arise mechanical disc brakes. They have 160mm rotors, which offer secure and fast stopping of the bike, without causing any kind of discomfort to the rider.
Aluminum Alloy Frame
The mountain bike features a 6061-T6 aluminum frame, making it a classic mountain bike. It also features custom-formed and butted tubing along with 25-inch wheels for easy handling.
And what we like about the bike is that it arrives almost fully assembled. You are just required to put on the front wheel, seat, and pedals, whereas their team already tailors brakes and gears. This will enable you to spend more time riding the bike, rather than assembling it.
- Wheels – 27.5 inches long
- Weight – 35 pounds
- Speeds – 24
- Frame – Aluminium alloy hardtail frame
5. Wahoo 24 by Trek Bikes
Another worth mentioning product in this roundup, Wahoo 24, is a simple and satisfactory hybrid bike for your kids. So, if you want a versatile, easy-to-use, and high-performing bike, you should give it a shot.
The easy-to-deal bike is crafted with Trek’s durable and rustproof aluminum. But still, the manufacturers have managed to keep the bike lightweight so that it can be handled easily by your kids.
Its 1× 8 drivetrains promote simple shifting and help you enjoy the mountain bike ride in the easiest possible way so that you enjoy your experience. The budget-friendly bike has a couple of suspension forks, which are quite beneficial in absorbing bumps while riding in uneven terrain.
The all-purpose bike offers all-around performance.
Its unique safety feature prevents unintentional dropout. Aside from that, it’s controllable hand brakes offer easy stopping without exerting too much force.
- Frame – Alpha silver aluminum 24″
- Tyres – 24×1.95″
- Rear derailleur – Shimano Altus M310
- Weight – 21.11 pounds.
- Weight limit – 170 pounds (77 kg).
6. Schwinn High Timber
Crafted with a Schwinn steel mountain-style frame and combined with Schwinn suspension fork, the Schwinn High Timber Youth and Adult Mountain bike is all set to provide you with a fantastic riding experience, in a wide range of trails.
The bike is equipped with strong front and rear alloy linear-pull brakes that deliver accurate stopping powers. Within seconds, you can easily stop it without too much hassle.
No matter which type of terrain you are interested in riding, it’s 7-speed Shimano twist shifters will smoothen the changing of gears. Along with this, a Shimano rear derailleur is also fruitful for inclined paths.
Excellent Specs, On a Budget
Despite having such outstanding elements, the high-end bike is one of the most budget-friendly choices available on the market. Hence, if you are tight with the budget and want a cheap bike having great specs, it is highly recommended.
- Wheel size – 24″
- Weight – 38.6 pounds
- Shifters – 7 speed Shimano twist shifters
- Frame – Steel frame
7. Talus 3 by Raleigh
The Talus is featured with a Progressive Wheel Sizing, which utilizes the wheel size that best fits the rider. This tends to provide a suitable balance for the stability of the bike. Furthermore, handling the bike becomes too easy, even for a complete novice.
Stability and Easy Handling
It’s 2.25-inch wide knobby tires combined with a 100mm suspension travel fork support easy rolling over digs and bumps by absorbing shock to a great level.
Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Like its other counterparts mentioned in this list, the Talus 3 is also furnished with Tektro hydraulic disc brakes, which are extremely helpful as they lend high stopping power.
Excellent Beginner Bike
Talus is an exceptional bike to start the journey of off-road adventures. Moreover, it can also be used as a commuter bike or a city bike as you can easily mount a rear rack and fenders.
- Brakes – Hydraulic disc
- Tire size – 27.5″
- Frame material – Aluminum
- Bike extras – Rack, Fender and Bottle Mounts
- Gears – 21
8. Merax 26″ Mountain Bicycle
Merax 26″ is another outstanding bicycle to try your hands at mountain biking. It is one of the most economical entry-level mountain bikes capable of fulfilling all your riding demands.
In mountain biking, gear shifting has its importance. This adventure bike is fitted with Shimano 24 speed derailleurs and shifters, which allows you to shift gears smoothly and reliably. A large combination of gears is available at your fingertip.
The bike is crafted with a 26″ lightweight as well as a strong aluminum frame, front and rear disc brakes, front suspension forks, and a durable steel chain. It has a weight capacity of 330 pounds, including the weight of the bike, rider, and other accessories.
Although the mountain bike claims to be almost pre-assembled, building it at your home may take more than a few hours. And more importantly, unlike its other alternatives mentioned over here, the Merax 26″ Mountain Bike offers a 1-year warranty.
- Frame – 6061 Aluminum Heat-treated alloy
- Fork – Certificated CPSC-Approved Full Suspension
- Wheels – 26″x1.95
- Dérailleur – Shimano ARDTZ50GSBT
- Crank – TCSH2-MK
- Brakes – Linear pull brakes
9. Huffy Hardtail Mountain Trail Bike
Produced by Huffy, this hardtail mountain bike is a classic example of trail bikes. The versatile adventure bike is highly recommended for riding in high steep mountain trails. It is extensively beneficial in climbing as well as descending.
It is made up of a light aluminum hardtail frame endowed by a limited 10-year warranty. Aluminum, which Is lighter than steel, offers great rolling movement and allows you to pedal faster than usual. That’s why it is an incredible bike for long hauls.
Its Shimano drivetrain allows you to shift gears effortlessly, with your index finger and thumb’s help. And once the bike is in gear, you will not hear the dragging sound of derailleurs. Its padded saddle is very comfortable and can be adjusted accordingly.
You can easily assemble it on your own as all of the necessary tools are provided with the bike. The instruction book is quite good and explains everything related to the assembling of this trail bike.
- Frame Size – 24 inches
- Frame – Lightweight aluminium
- Tire size – 26″ inches
- Brakes – Alloy linear pull brakes
10. Royce Union RMT
RMT by Royce Union is the last product on our list and undoubtedly, it is an amazing bike to ride on muddy and woodsy trails, gravel, and rough pavements.
Its hardtail frame is prepared with rustproof, durable, and lightweight aluminum, which could last for years. The bike comes up with 27.5-inch wheels – a 15-inch frame and 27.5-inch wheels – a 22-inch frame.
This matte black bike contains alloy wheel rims and superior brake pads, which lets you stop the bike immediately on your wish. A high-performing suspension fork helps in preventing fatigue of the rider.
Great Ride Quality
Unlike some typical mountain bike tires, its all-terrain 27.5-inch wheels offer less rolling resistance. It is quite easy to handle even in uneven and difficult terrain.
- Shimano 21-speed drivetrain
- Frame Size – 22 inches
- Color – Black Matte
- Frame – Aluminum
- Wheels – 27 inches
So, this was all about the top 10 best women’s mountain bikes under $500. If you are just starting, you are not required to invest in high-end expensive bikes. You can easily find some terrific mountain bikes for under $500.
We hope this article helps you in finding a reasonable bike for your off-road adventures.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other bikes from Amazon also:
- Aluminum MTB frame with hydroformed tubing and a powerful front suspension fork is strong and reliable; 26-inch wheels fit riders 64 to 74 inches tall
- 21-speed shifters make for smooth gear changes on every ride
- Front and rear V-brakes ensure quick stops out on the trail
- Light, durable alloy rims and 26x2.125" (diameter x width) tires roll over anything
- Riser handlebar with colored end plugs completes the MTB look
- The hiland mountain bike features an High carbon steel mountain frame and a powerful suspension fork that soaks up bumps and thumps to provide you...
- The brake system consists of double Disc-Brake. And SHIMANO 21-speed Shifters with rear derailleur ensures total control in every situation.
- The 26 inch wheels and suspension fork make for a great ride experience on mountain roads, highways, and forestways.
- 85% pre-assembled,easy to assemble,free pedals,required assembly tools included.Free front and rear fenders!
- This is suitable for a person 5'3- 6' tall and over 12 years old.
- Full suspension mountain bike frame
- 21 speed index derailleur with grip shifters
- Front and rear v-brakes
- Quick release seat post
- The mountain bike frame is made of high-carbon steel,it is sturdy and durable, which can makes your cycling more safety.
- The Front fork with suspension effect can reduce the bumps caused by the rugged road during riding. Mechanical dual disc brakes can provide better...
- 27.5 Inches muti spoke wheel and 3 spoke wheel available for choose. And free pedals and assemble tools are included in the package.
- Take this bike to feel the comfort of the breeze and enjoy the beauty of nature. Cycling can give you the comfort of sports and let you have a...
- Suggested rider height range for 5’4” to 6’
- 【Durable Aluminum Frame】The hosote mountain bike features no-rust light aluminum mountain frame, lighter than steel. That makes this bike easier...
- 【Shimano Drivetrain】SHIMANO Shifter and Derailleur with 21 Speeds, a wide range of gears gives you more control for climbing,for room to get low...
- 【Suspension Fork】Good performance suspension fork soak up bumps and thumps great for rugged trails and casual rides, to provide you with a fun,...
- 【Double Disc Brake】The brake system consists of double disc brake, giving you the stable and strong braking force and help you stop confidently in...
- 【Assembly Guide】Assembly tutorial video located beside the images; 85% pre-assembled,easy to assemble, assembly tools included.If you have any...
- ✔Free pedals and comfortable seat include in package. The weight of the mountain bike is 39 Lbs. Recommended rider weight: Within 300 lbs,...
- ✔A foldable mountain bike with 26-inch wheels, 17-inch frame, 6-spoke fashion rims, safer and fastness. Adjust the suitable seat height, brakes, and...
- ✔Folding bike with high carbon steel mountain bike dual suspension frame. 21-speed gears, allow you to switch through the gears very quickly with...
- ✔Great Braking System. Front and Rear Disc Brakes and Quick Releases. The front and rear disc brakes and help keep the cyclist safe even at high...
- ✔Assembly Required. Please identify the pedal L/R logo Correctly install the pedal. Assemble the remaining 20% by yourself. Includes all the tools...
- Internal cable routing allows for neat, clean lines ,while providing added protection. Invisible welding technology creates a better connection with...
- 21 speeds full SHIMANO EF derailleurs and trigger shifters make it easy to adapt to your terrain with quick, precise gear changes. Front and Rear disc...
- Lightweight strong aluminum frame and suspension fork great for longer rides. Alloy rims offer added durability and stability. lock-out suspension...
- 90% pre-assembled, easy to assemble, free pedals,required assembly tools included. Our customer experience team is eager to help with email and an...
- Our seat with quick adjust seat post clamp,you make easy adjustments to the right height. We offer two sizes of bike frames, frame size 17 inches, fit...
- ADULT MOUNTAIN BIKE: This rugged 26 inch mountain bike is perfect for serious athletes and weekend cycling enthusiasts alike, with its premium...
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Our MBT's seat height is adjustable from 32 to 40 inches to accommodate teens and adults of all heights, while the padded spring...
- FULL SUSPENSION: This all terrain bicycle’s powerful front fork shock and rear single pivot suspension absorb impact as you handle bumpy roads and...
- 21-SPEED DERAILLEUR: The 21 speeds let you fly through straightaways while still providing plenty of power once it's time to start climbing; the...
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Order this versatile adult mountain bike from Viribus with your peace of mind assured thanks to its strong 1 year warranty and our...
- 🏆Lightweight & High tech Frame: These mountain bikes feature a lightweight aluminum frame with the latest tech to ensure great support strength...
- 🏆21 Speed Shimano Drivetrain: Thanks to a clean and smooth 21 Speeds Shimano transmission, it makes our mountain bicycle easier to climb, finger...
- 🏆Excellent Braking System: Front and rear disc brakes help ensure the safety of cyclists even at high speeds and rough terrain. It’s a capable...
- 🏆Super Comfortable Ride Experience: The saddle can be adjusted according to your height. The brake system adopts a double disc brake system....
- 🏆Assembly Guide: 86% pre-assembled, easy to assemble. Please refer to our assembly video for detailed installation. If you have any questions about...