Mountain biking is exhilarating and an excellent way to shed extra pounds during the summer!
Cardio at the gym can be tedious.
With professional bikers like Rachel Atherton, Catherine Pendrel and Cecile Ravanel leading the way, many women and young girls are entering the field with every passing day. If you’ve got a zest for adventure and are looking to torch some calories, a mountain bike can prove to be an excellent investment.
This blog post will help you find the best women’s mountain bike under $1,000.
Our Top Choices: Best Women’s Mountain Bikes Under $1000
Whether you are a budding amateur or a well-seasoned professional, the quality of your bike plays a significant role in traversing mountain trails with agility, speed, and safety.
There are many features to look for like frame size, good suspension, proper wheel size, etc., which can lead to high costs in your pursuit of quality.
Here, we bring to you the ten best women’s mountain bikes under $1,000.
1. Marlin 6 Women’s
If you are looking for a bike that is a hybrid between a mountain bike and a regular on-road bike for everyday use, this is the right one. Unlike most bikes, this one is specifically calibrated for a women’s grip and feel.
Good Suspension Fork With Lockout
While riding on longer and less bumpy roads preserving stamina becomes a priority. Marlin achieved this thanks to the lockout feature on their suspension fork.
This lockout renders the fork inactive while you’re on the road, increasing pedaling efficiency and preserving energy.
Flexible Top Tube
For shorter riders, riding becomes uncomfortable, especially with the current standard standover ride, typically for taller riders.
Marlin 6 solves this problem by providing a top tube that curves for S and XS size bikes, which make straddling the bike easier while riding. The larger frames have a straight top tube.
Their custom-designed G2 Geometry enables the rider to maintain stability while continuously switching between low and high speeds.
- Weight: S – 14.08 kg / 31.05 lbs
- Frame: Alpha Silver Aluminum
- Fork: SR Suntour XCT 30
- Tires: Bontrager XR2, 29×2.20˝
A bike that can be used in your local cross-country motorbike race for driving over those rough and rocky patches over your trails; this bike is a combination of sturdiness and agility. Precision, speed, and lighter weight, the diamondback covers it all.
Hand-built Aluminum Frame
The Overdrive’s frame is hand-built with a lot of expertise using lightweight aluminum.
This ensures smooth sailing over the toughest terrains with tremendous confidence due to the control and stability offered.
Easy Gear-shifting Capability
With their wide range of gears, you can click off shifts with great precision and accuracy, ensuring a safe and satisfying experience while tracing along with various kinds of terrain.
Mechanical Disk Brakes
Stopping to a halt is now a smoother experience, all thanks to their Tektro disk brakes.
- Height: Depending on the rider’s height ranges from 767 mm to 810mm
- Frame: Overdrive 29″ Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Fork: SR Suntour XCT30 29″
- Tires: Vee Rubber Mission front 29×2.25 rear 29×2.1
3. Cannondale Trail Tango 3 2022
With a geometrically specific, beautifully crafted frame, the Cannonball Trail becomes the bike with a perfect fit for women. Its sturdy dirt-ready components will help you take your riding up a notch unto unexplored territories.
Available Wheel-range is Wide
With wheel sizes ranging from S to XL, it caters to the needs of a wide variety of women to provide a blend of adventure, speed, and fun.
Expertly Crafted Dirt-tailored Geometry and Frame
You can confidently handle the bike with proper composure and quickness, all thanks to its dirt-tailored geometry. Its Smartform C3 alloy frame crafted with decades of expertise ensures confident and comfortable handling of the bike.
Its short stem and wide bar ensure greater grip and control while riding.
Wide Gear-range Configuration and Chainstay
The 18 gear configuration accompanying the bike provides coverage over a wide variety of terrain. Its short chainstay helps maintain traction and agility.
- Weight: 31 lbs. 4.8 oz.
- Frame: SmartForm C3 alloy, StraightShot internal cable routing
- Fork: SR Suntour XCM-RL, hydraulic cable-actuated lockout
- Tires: XS: WTB Ranger 27.5 x 2.25
4. Schwinn High Timber Youth and Adult Mountain Bike
Coming from one of the most well-known manufacturers of mountain bikes, you can bet your bottom dollar on the High Timber Youth when it comes to quality.
You will have many adventurous trails to explore with this mountain bike due to its lifetime warranty. The Schwinn High Timber is a great choice when it comes to buying mountain bikes for women under 1000$.
With alloy mechanical pull-brakes for superior stopping power and a steel or aluminum frame, you can ride this beast with durability and speed.
This bike ensures controlled riding, especially on rough, uneven trails due to its Schwinn suspension fork with the Schwinn mountain frame.
You can now ride in an upright position comfortably while holding on to its seamless handlebar grip.
With an offering of a 21-speed rear derailleur and all-terrain, wide mountain tires, be prepared to travel far and wide with this beauty.
All kinds of surfaces can be traversed through due to alloy rims on the wheels. You can now weather different speeds using the quick gear changing capability using 7-speed Shimano twist shifters and Shimano rear derailleur.
- Frame: Schwinn aluminum/steel mountain frame
- Tires: Schwinn 27.5 X 2.2
5. GHOST Lanao 4.7
This hardtail bike comes with great quality components that are specifically designed for women by women at affordable prices. This bike is a great option for beginners as its deep overhang provides a lot of stable smoothness and safety while riding.
Available in a Wide Range of Sizes
GHOST provides a wide range of sizes ranging from 29ers for tall ladies and a 27.5 inch model for medium height. Additionally, they also have a specially designed 26 inch model for those who prefer smaller tires.
Another specialty of the bike is the size of the aluminum frame, which is decided as per the wheel size, thus giving us an ergonomically correct bike specialized for each woman.
Flexible Drivetrain for Gear-shifting
You can now sail through a number of speeds thanks to the 18 gears built into it. The Shimano 2×9 drivetrain ensures that shifting is carried out optimally while switching between all gears.
One of the most essential features of this bike is its 1-finger braking, which is achieved due to its powerful Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brakes and rotors.
- Weight: 30 lbs. 13.8 oz.
- Frame: Lanao aluminum
- Fork: SR Suntour XCM RL 100 mm
- Tires: Continental X-King SL
6. Women’s Rockhopper Expert
The Rockhopper is ideally designed to suit beginners. Its lightweight and durable build ensure that the biker has tremendous fun while learning on the go.
Easily Adjustable Body Size
Its new A1 SL alloy frame has tube shapes that are optimized to improve aesthetics while keeping it light.
The standover height and reach coupled with the good angle are inculcated into the geometry of the bike such that it provides a perfect fit irrespective of the size of the rider.
Crisp Use of Components
It has powerful hydraulic disk brakes coupled with good travel and SR Suntour XCR-Air fork. Reliable shifting is ensured with great crispness on tough trails due to its Shimano Deore rear derailleur.
Tailored for Women
The Body Geometry Myth Sport saddle and other components are tailored to the needs of women, in turn delivering comfort mile after mile.
- Frame: A1 SL Aluminum
- Fork: SR Suntour XCR-Air 29
- Tires: Ground Control Sport, 29×2.3″ and 29×2.1″
7. Scott Contessa Active 50 Mint Bike
Now, here we have another bike from another well-known mountain bike manufacturer Scott.
This bike can be used by people at any level of training, from beginners to experts. Ideal for short trail rides lasting from 20-30 minutes, anything longer might leave you feeling stiff.
Stability and Versatility
With a super-light aluminum alloy frame and wide Kendra tires that have superb stability, transitioning from loose trails to roads becomes easy. Its rubber handlebar gives a better grip and greater control while riding along steep or uneven trail paths.
Easy Shifting Between Gears
The bike has the option of shifting smoothly between 24 gears while riding on all kinds of paths, including steep inclines due to its Shimano Tourney drivetrain. Gear changes can be done quickly without pressing hard on the paddles or shifting hand positions.
The smooth Tektro hydraulic disc brakes give an immediate stop at a moment’s notice without jerking. Maintenance is also reduced as the shifting is routed internally, thus protecting the cables from wear and keeping the frame-free from clutter.
- Weight: 32.63lbs
- Frame: Contessa Active Alloy 6061
- Fork: Suntour XCE28
- Tires: Kenda Booster 2.4″ / 30TPI
8. Merax 26″ Mountain Bicycle
The Merax is an entry-level bike that is suitable for all kinds of terrain. Due to good suspension fork of 80mm, we smooth over bumps while maintaining a steady level of control over rough trails.
Despite having such elegance and features, this bike comes at a pretty affordable price.
Separate Disc Brakes
While riding, we may have to face a situation where we apply the brakes suddenly. This may cause a sudden jerk while stopping, especially at high speeds. To counter this effect, Merax has devised separate front and rear disc brakes to stop safely without jerking.
Stability & Gear-range
Due to its dynamic gear shifting capacity across a range of 24 speeds, this bike becomes ideal over rocky terrain and all kinds of weather conditions.
It can also roll easily due to its 26-inch double-wall aluminum rims. It has a weight capacity of 330 lbs and 26” double-wall rim wheels made of aluminum that ensure smooth riding on bumpy trails.
- Weight: 40 lbs
- Frame: Lightweight 6061 Heat Treated Aluminum Mountain Frame
- Fork: Full Suspension designed, CPSC Approved
9. Kona Mahuna
A solid hardtail bike, it is the first choice when it comes to high-value and high-quality mountain bikes. Smart choices in design like slack geometry and aggressive tires have made this bike pretty light while providing a lively ride over long distances.
Tubeless Rims and Easy Upgrades
Its internal router and tubeless-compatible rims make it friendlier riding along uneven rocky trails. The tubeless rims increase puncture resistance and lower the tire pressure because the ride has a better grip on the trail due to reduced resistance while rolling.
Post routing, the internal dropper features of the frame make upgrades simple.
Wide WTB Tires
Wide WTB Tires on big wheels provide an extra grip, which helps maintains your momentum over challenging obstacles. This maintains agility and durability throughout the ride.
They roll fast while speeding but have a quick stop response on applying brakes. The handlebar is closely attached to the front rim, improving the steering control. If registered within three months of the purchase, you automatically qualify for a lifetime warranty.
- Frame: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted.
- Fork: RockShox 30 Silver TK Solo Air 100mm
- Tires: WTB Trail Boss 29×2.25”x2
10. Liv Bliss 3 2022
A lightweight hybrid bike for both mountains and everyday road travel, the Liv Bliss is the cheapest among the other bikes mentioned above. Costing almost under 500$, this bike is one of the best budget women mountain bikes.
Made for Women of All Sizes
The specialty of this bike is that it is suitable for women of all ages, as well as, different heights. It offers wheels in sizes 27.5 inches (S and M sizes) and 26 inches (XXS and XS sizes), which are smaller and broader, hence providing a great level of traction.
Hence many amateurs venturing into mountain bike riding can consider this a viable option while choosing a bike.
Lightweight Smooth Rides
It has an aluminum frame that is not very weighty and made in a relaxed style enabling the rider to sit comfortably with an upright posture.
It has an excellent combination of traction and braking precision that keeps you riding smoothly and safely in all kinds of weather.
Hybrid Bike with Alloy Wheel Rims
It has alloy rims on the wheels and hubs made by Joytech that provide the stability needed while traversing along extremely bumpy and smooth paths. This bike can be converted for daily commute by attaching rack or a kickstand using the mounts provided.
- Weight: Varies according to specifications
- Frame: ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork: SR M3030A DS 27.5/26
- Tires: Giant QuickCross, 27.5×2.1/26×2.1
Looking at the above variety, we can easily choose a mountain bike according to our needs depending on the stage of our mountain bike training.
These are good-quality bikes for you to choose from while not eating too much into your pocket. Some of the best bikes around with assured reviews by many people guaranteeing their prolonged good quality and durability over time.
Mountain bike riding is a high endurance sport that increases stamina and confidence while keeping you healthy and at such affordable prices! It should be taken up by more women.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other bikes from Amazon also:
- The hiland mountain bike features an High carbon steel mountain frame and a powerful suspension fork that soaks up bumps and thumps to provide you...
- The brake system consists of double Disc-Brake. And SHIMANO 21-speed Shifters with rear derailleur ensures total control in every situation.
- The 26 inch wheels and suspension fork make for a great ride experience on mountain roads, highways, and forestways.
- 85% pre-assembled,easy to assemble,free pedals,required assembly tools included.Free front and rear fenders!
- This is suitable for a person 5'3- 6' tall and over 12 years old.
- All terrain steel frame 18-speed women's mountain bike with front suspension fork
- 26-Inch alloy wheels with steel hubs. This great bike includes wheels, tires, and tubes
- Power front and rear derailleur's and power front and rear v-brakes. Quick release saddle
- Grip shifting system for smooth on-the-fly gear changing
- This adult mountain bike arrives 85% assembled, light assembly required. 275lbs weight capacity
- Aluminum MTB frame with hydroformed tubing and a powerful front suspension fork is strong and reliable; 26-inch wheels fit riders 64 to 74 inches tall
- 21-speed shifters make for smooth gear changes on every ride
- Front and rear V-brakes ensure quick stops out on the trail
- Light, durable alloy rims and 26x2.125" (diameter x width) tires roll over anything
- Riser handlebar with colored end plugs completes the MTB look
- Front shock fork
- 18 speed index derailleur
- Front and rear linear pull brakes
- Quick release seat post
- Bike type: Mountain Bike
- 500W Motor: The mountain ebike is equipped with 500W high speed brushless motor, providing more than enough to power your daily commute, a cruise on...
- 12.5 AH Removable Lithium Battery: At the heart of the ebike is our large capacity 12.5 AH lithium-ion battery– giving you a range of up to 40 miles...
- Adjusting Set: Making the Stem Length/Handbar Angle small changes can bring about noticeable improvements in comfort depending on what you’re trying...
- 3 Working Model: E-bike & Assisted bicycle & nomal bicycle , you can choose the E-bike to enjoy a long time travel, and also exercise. Combining two...
- Service Available : With one-year Service for the electric motor, battery and other parts except for frame, no worry about using it. This bicycle...
- 【350W POWERFUL MOTOR】Electric bike for adults is equipped with a stronger rear hub 350w motor, which delivers faster speed for keeping up with...
- 【LARGE CAPACITY REMOVABLE BATTERY】 Equipped with the 36V 10.4Ah lithium-ion battery. No worries about you lock an electric bicycle somewhere...
- 【3 RIDING MODES】 Electric& Pedal-assist&Normal bike mode. You can easy to choose, which provides different wonderful assistance when you are...
- 【HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPONENTS】 Electric mountain bike is made of lighter aluminum alloy frame will provide a better ride. Front and rear disc...
- 【GUARANTEED SERVICE】 The e-bike arrives pre-assembled. Just need to assemble the front wheel, bike seat, pedals, and secure the handlebars in...
- ★ Front & Rear Disc Brakes Options: Our mtn bikes provide crisp stopping and steady speed control on descents.
- ★ Mountain Bike 21 Speeds: 21-speed shifters with derailleurs are perfect for a wide gear range and smooth shifts.
- ★ Durable Frame: Our adult mountain bike features aluminum or steel frame. Mountain-style frame provides a durable ride.
- ★ Easy to Assemble: Our women men's mountain bike come with assembly tools and manual.
- ★ How to Choose Size: 20" wheel suitable for rider height: 3'9" - 5'2", 24" wheel for height: 4'8" - 5'7", 26" wheel for height: 5'2" - 6'1", 27.5"...
- 15" Frame Height with Steel Frame. Bright Green and Black Gloss Paint.
- 26" Alloy Wheels with Steel Hubs. Durable and Comfortable.
- 18-Speed Gearing, great commuter or city bicycle.
- V-Brakes on the front and rear of this Ladies mountain bike.
- Adjustable Saddle Height. Great bicycle for women and teen girls.
- Durable Twenty Niner Alloy frame for a forgiving ride
- Alloy front suspension fork with 100mm to smooth out the trail
- Rear shock to roll over roots and rocks in comfort; Strong yet lightweight 700c alloy double wall wheels
- Shimano 21-Speed drive train for smooth shifting; Reliable alloy caliper brakes
- Comes 85% assembled for quick and easy setup. Size Medium / 17 Fits 5'6"-6'0"